Boating News is designed for casual to commercial boaters…people sharing a love of being “on the water.” On this page, we want to share nautical notes from associations and clubs, boating stories (right up there with “fishing stories”) and Texas Gulf Coast news.
With 367 miles of Gulf shoreline and 3,300 miles of bay-estuary-lagoon shores along the Texas Gulf Coast, Campbell’s Guide to Cruising Texas, has identified six distinct regions along the Texas Gulf Coast for boaters:
• The Golden Triangle-Port Arthur, Beaumont and Orange
• Galveston Bay and Clear Lake
• Freeport and the rivers
• Matagorda Bay
• Corpus Christi Bay, Rockport and Port Aransas
• The Laguna Madre including Port Mansfield and South Padre Island
Boaters can enjoy the outdoors at least 10 months a year with so many activities and events including:
• Dolphin and bird watching
• Fishing on a chartered arrangement or taking your own boat out
• Entertainment and party functions on charter boats or your own boat (e.g., fireworks, parades…)
• SCUBA diving near the offshore rigs and Flower Gardens National Park
• Airboat rides in protected areas (e.g., Orange, Texas)
• Marina hopping along the Texas Gulf Coast inc;uding Watergate Yachting Center, Port Mansfield Marina, Island Moorings Yacht Cub and Marina, and Nautical Landings Marina to mention a few.
One day on the water makes the other 6 days okay.