Savory Jalapeño Dressing Recipe as shared by Go Texan
Whether you stalk your Christmas turkey in the field, the grocery store or online, it's time to start thinking about trimmings for your holiday meal. Check out this tasty Texas recipe from Fredericksburg Farms. Serves 8 to 10.
3 cups French bread cubes, about 1-inch
½ cup Butter (1 stick)
1 Large onion, chopped
1 Large green bell pepper, chopped
2 Large celery stalks, chopped
2 Medium garlic cloves, minced
1 Large jalapeño, seeds and veins removed, minced
1 Fresh sage, minced
5 Smoked bacon slices, diced
3 Eggs, beaten
1 ¼ cups Chicken broth, or more as needed
Sea salt or kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Bake bread mix as directed.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Cube or tear Vaqueros Jalapeño Beer Bread into large bowl.
4. Add Fredericksburg Farms Hearty Homemade Salsa Mix and French bread cubes.
5. Melt butter.
6. Sauté onions, bell pepper, celery, garlic, jalapeño, sage and diced bacon until vegetables wilt and bacon is cooked, but not browned.
7. Pour vegetables into bread mixture along with beaten eggs and chicken broth. Blend well, breaking up the bread cubes.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add additional chicken broth for a moist dressing.
9. Pour into casserole dish and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
10. Add additional chicken broth as needed while the dressing is baking to keep it moist. Serve hot.